Thursday, November 17, 2011

Introducing...

So. Blog. Um.

Well, hi. I'm Carley. I'm 22, unemployed, living with my mom and stepdad in rural Central Florida (Clermont, if you plan to stalk me -- I'm easy to find, there's only like 8 people). I'm writing this from a bed in an RV laying next to my dad, who is asleep and has flopped so his arm is on me. It's his birthday...well, it's after midnight, so today, so I'm staying with him and my Gramma for the week and there's only two beds and the other would barely be big enough for me alone, so here we are. He's also starting to snore. yay.

I'm a writer. It's National Novel Writing Month right now, and I'm doing that, but I've written novels outside nano. Nothing published, yet, but that's part of the point of the blog I guess. Apparently it's easier to get a book deal with a popular blog or big fanfiction following. I am not going back to writing fanfiction, although I'm not convinced this is the way to go either. I think to have a popular blog, you need one or more of:

a) unique opinions
b) an interesting life
c) opinions or life that center on some kind of special interest thing (my fiancee follows a lot of parenting blogs, for example, especially ones with special needs kids)
d) incredible amounts of being funny.

I think my opinions are interesting, but I'm really not politically-minded enough to get by on that. I definitely don't have b or c and I don't think I have d either. I mean, people tell me I'm funny sometimes, but it's usually people like my mom and my fiancee. People who are contractually obligated to compliment me, basically, and decided they couldn't say I was pretty or smart in good conscience.

I have a teddy bear. His name is Oliver. I'd take a picture, but my webcam isn't cooperating. I'll fix it and make this happen if anyone asks me to.

UPDATE: Fiancee pointed out that I also live on one of like three hills in Florida, making me super stalkable. She also said "I was going to make a sarcastic remark about how it was good but needed more babies with Down Syndrome, and then I read the line about my obsession with parenting blogs and realized you had my number."

No comments:

Post a Comment